Hypergrid Call for Artists to Exhibit
Call for Artists – Sendalonde Library
First Quarterly Exhibition on DigiWorldz [Updated 13 September 2022]
Hello Artist – This is your invitation to create either a 2D (painting, drawing) or 3D (scene, sculpture, etc.) to illustrate an event in a fictional novel, poem, play or movie of your choice. You get to choose the work of fection. This is the most open and unrestrictive exhibition theme we have ever had.
- Your art will be on display at the Sendalonde Community Library for three months.
- HG address: login.digiworldz.com:8002:Sendalonde
- OpenSimWorld page: OpenSimWorld.com/hop/86758
- We will be creating a blog posting on our blog to highlight the participating artists.The exhibition will be promoted across the Hypergrid through OpenSimworld.com and two other well-known bloggers will be doing postings on their websites.
- We will have a Sendalonde Library and Art Grand Opening with a DJ and possibly a musical show!
- Alexina may interview you for a blog posting about you and your artistic journey in real and virtual worlds.
- Every artist will have a sign with their headshot that will contain a notecard with a bio and whatever else the artist wishes.
HG Safari is touring the Sendalonde Library and Wellspring regions 5 October 2022, 1-2pm grid time (PT).
We will create an Exhibit Catalog and post it online. For examples of past catalogs, see metaversepeers.com/exhibit-catalogs.
- Theme: pick a fictional novel, poem, play or movie
- Your Art: create a 2D or 3D illustration of some event in the chosen text
- Rating: only General and Moderate art accepted
- Application due date: Sunday,
15 September 2022Application Extended to 25 September 2022
- Build due date: Friday, 14 October 2022, noon grid time (PST)
- GRAND OPENING date: Sunday, 16 October 2022, 1pm-3pm PST (grid time same as SL grid) DJ Trynatie Mason
- Exhibit closing date: Saturday, 14 January 2023
- Prims allowed: 300 prims or land impact
- Space available: Exhibit Hall walls for 2D, 226sqm and 512sqm for 3D; 2 larger plots for something special from a major artist
- Scripts: no fast flashing lights. No lag scripts. If lag, we may require that you modify them.
- Restriction: No walls around your build unless it is a legitimate part of a scene illustration.
We can make plots available under water if your 3D illustration requires this.
Please join our Sendalonde Library #0356 Discord group to ask questions: https://discord.gg/PYfpgD3g
- Copy the artist application questions below to a notecard inworld.
- Answer the questions.
- Name your notecard: your_avatar_name-text-illustrated-entry
- Drop the notecard on Alexina Proctor in DigiWorldz.
Artist Application to Enter the Sendalonde Community Library “Fiction Illustrated Exhibition”
What grid is your home:
How can we contact you (email, Discord ID, or avatar on DigiWorldz)?
What is the title and author of the book you will illustrate?
Will you do 2D or 3D art?
Do you require an underwater plot?